Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Spring Consignment Sales in Bloom

I have a teeny little confession to make. I love a good deal. And I don't just mean I love one. I go crazy when I find a good deal. Take the cute little outfit in the picture below:



I picked up the entire outfit (and much much more, actually) at a great upscale consignment shop in Cornelius, N.C. called Fifi's. Would you say I spent $100, $85, or $75 for this ensemble? The bag is Kenneth Cole and the jeans are Citizens of Humanity. I actually picked this entire outfit up for $60, which was a steal in my book, especially when you can find deals just like this all over the store. I was able to pick up a few great pieces for an upcoming conference without breaking the bank, too, so I was thrilled.

All over Charlotte spring consignment sales are in bloom, such as the Back on the Rack Children, Teens and Women Consignment Sale this weekend at the Monroe Agricultural Center. And coming up later this month is the popular Green Jeans Eco Chic Consignment Sale in Lake Norman  April 17-20 (they held their SouthPark sale in March). Consigning clothes and buying gently-used items is just smart shopping, and it is good for the environment, too. I've been consigning my kids' clothes for years but only recently began discovering the joy of hitting up the consignment sales and stores for myself. My "new" items fit in nicely with my old wardrobe staples, and it is a win-win situation for everyone involved.

What are your favorite consignment sales/stores in Charlotte?

No comments:

Post a Comment