Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Summer!

It's officially here ... and I personally couldn't be happier. Unfortunately I didn't completely forego my alarm clock as I had hoped; I'm still up by 6 a.m. but somehow not having to rush anyone out the door makes it easier on all of us.

When my husband got home last night at 8 p.m., I had 3 of the 4 kids in bed and was BEAT. But there's something so settling about having all of my kids home; I can't explain it, but I just feel balanced, like no one is missing. Did they make me a little nutty here and there? Of course. Did I want to hide in my closet for a few minutes? Maybe once or twice (I didn't do it). But enjoying the books, swimming with 3 of them late afternoon while the baby napped in the stroller, and watching a few minutes of Kate Plus 8 were all so enjoyable.

Summer break is what, 10 weeks? It's a "glass half full/half empty" type of thing. To me, 10 weeks is a really short time; I want to enjoy every minute of it. If it means getting up at 6 a.m. and pulling late nights to get my work done, they are all sacrifices I'm willing to make. Let's just hope this positive attitude continues!

2 comments:

  1. Somehow when I was in school those ten weeks seemed more like four. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also love summer vacation with my little gang at home with me. 75 days ... not enough time! I'm a little behind on my blog reading with all the extra (enjoyable) commotion - hence the late comment lol. Couldn't agree more with this post.

    ReplyDelete