Thursday, June 2, 2011

Girls Night (plus a boy) Out!

I know I vent here kinda often, and I'd hate for you to think it's all doom and gloom.  The fact is, I really enjoy hanging with just my kids ... and this evening we had a blast.

My husband was going out tonight (I'll keep my mouth shut) so I had the kids to myself.  It took quite a bit of planning and lots of options to go through as we prepared for our girls night (oops - almost forgot the baby - girls plus a boy). Lets face it: life with 3 little opinions plus a needy newborn takes a lot of planning and preparation.

We headed out around 4:30 and started on our way to Justice. We needed a gift for a birthday party over the weekend, and the mom had requested "anything sparkly". I knew we'd find just the thing for the almost-6-year-old; plus the entire store is 40% off right now. Nice! My little guy hung in the infant carrier while my 7 year-old and I perused the store; my other two were enthralled with the many colorful add-on items they have (caution to prospective shoppers: this is a little girl's dream-come-true). When it was all said and done, we found a super cute sparkly tank and purse for our party on Sat. AND found cute shirts and necklaces for our twinkie friends (actually they are triplets but only the two girls are having the party on Sunday). Let me tell you that the joy of shopping starts EARLY for girls. As if you didn't know, right?! I'm not sure who had more fun - me or my gals. Fun mom - check!

From Justice we headed over to Earth Fare for their Kids Eat Free night. Every time I go I feel like I'm committing highway robbery. For $19, I got a great, giant salad, 3 of my kids each got their HEALTHY kids meals, a container of spinach, blueberries, a bag of carrots, some healthy trail mix, two yogurts, all-natural deodorant and a bottle of water. I know the perception is that Earth Fare can be pricey, but if you work it correctly, you really can get some great deals. Thrifty mom - check!

My eldest had picked up some BFF necklaces for the twinkie (triplet girls) friends who live down the street, so when we got home, we walked them over. My Jaiden (7) was SO excited to give them to the girls ... remember when BFF necklaces were so important in your childhood? Adorbs.

We rushed home as the lightning was striking (mom of the year, walking with baby and kids as a thunderstorm starts??) and I had them ALL in bed before 7:45 p.m.  Punctual mom? When it comes to bedtime ... CHECK!

Hope your day was as enjoyable as mine! :)        

No comments:

Post a Comment