Monday, May 9, 2011

Birthdays

Tomorrow is my 2nd baby's birthday!  I can hardly believe it ... 5 years has absolutely FLOWN by. Where does time go?

I just put the finishing touches on what looks to be a heavenly chocolate cake (http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Chocolate-Candy-Bar-Cake/Detail.aspx) - didn't do the frosting but instead did this perfectly peanut butter (http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Peanut-Butter-Frosting/Detail.aspx) topping. O.M.G. Seriously this is going to be death by peanut butter.

Her party is set for Saturday (Noah's Art is going to take care of the details - with a 7 week old, hosting 15 5-year-olds at my house is NOT what I'm looking to do!) and her cake is coming from Decadent Designs.

I'm always amazed at how much work goes into a birthday even when you attempt to do it as "easy as possible".  What gives?

Have you had any success with hosting a low-frills party?  And by this I just mean one that didn't require a lot of work from you?  Share your thoughts with the rest of us - including me!

No comments:

Post a Comment