Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Stress-free = a Happy Birthday for ME! (actually for my daughter) ...

So I had mentioned my party plans for this past weekend - I just had to recap and say I'm so proud of myself for (just this once) doing as little as possible.  Literally. I booked the date, sent out invites (though a friend told me I should've done an e-vite) and ordered a cake. That's it!

Brian at Noah's Art called to confirm a few days before and to get a head count. He told me to remember three things - the cake, the candles and the drinks.  Now that I could handle.

My daughter (Deja - turning 5) wanted a butterfly cake.  I found this super cute one at Decadent Designs Bakery (www.decadentdesignsbakery.com/) . We did a chocolate cake (hel-lo, what other flavors are there?!) with chocolate mousse and vanilla pastry cream. It was delish!

It went perfectly with the "Garden" theme that we chose.

One of the things I liked best about Noah's Art (aside from them doing everything) is that the format. The kids came in and played first (perfect to break the ice and let everyone arrived) and then gathered for a story. Brian (the owner) is so good with the kids; he had them engaged and laughing within minutes. For the next hour, they did various parts of a flower pot activitiy intertwined with play time break-outs (about 5 minutes each).  This seemed to keep the kids' attention and everything flowed perfectly.

Here are a few shots of the soiree. But before I post them, I do have to say again that I didn't lift a finger. In fact, I tried to help clean up at the party to which I was told, if you are helping, we did something wrong. I love it! They even did those darned goody bags which I always stress over and the kids all took them home along with their finished product. Success!




2 comments:

  1. My daughter had her 3rd borthday party at Noah's Art in March. It was the absolute best thing ever. She was happy, her friends had fun and the parents were relaxed. Who can ask for anything more? Did I mention that there is no clean up?! :) Love Noah's Art.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks writerhughes! We love our students and families back.

    ReplyDelete