Sunday, May 15, 2011

The little things

I know some people have a specific idea of what they want (and don't want) for holidays such as Mother's Day.  Sometimes I have something in mind, but often times I don't. This was the case last week.  I hadn't an idea of anything specific that I wanted, but now I do. 

Here is my list of what I'd truly be the most grateful for; I'm sure most of you moms can agree. Oh, and let me preface by saying that I love my children dearly and am most thankful for them ... but sometimes I just want a little peace.  

Here goes:

*I'd like to have a whine-free 15 minutes. Heck, 10 minutes would suffice. I don't think we go longer than 10 seconds around here.

*I'd like to be able to go to the bathroom alone.  That hasn't happened in 7 years.

*I'd like to sit through a meal. And trust me - ever since having kids, I can eat FAST. 5-7 minutes of uninterrupted dinner or lunch time would be a real treat.

*A conversation (ok, 3-4 sentences) without being interrupted would be a nice change.

*A lunch packer. I'm too much of a health nut/control freak to have my kids buy lunch, I pack it every night. A healthy lunch-packer would be great.

*And on that note, a lunch un-packer would also make my day. Darn those dishes and cups!

*Cell phone coverage in my house. It's really not a lot to ask these days, right?

I could go on, but I'll end with this one. 

What else am I missing from this list? A woman can dream, right?!  Share your wishes!

3 comments:

  1. I think you hit all of the big ones, my list would be pretty much identical to yours (except I thankfully have good cell coverage in my house!) I'm about to go pack lunches & snacks now...trying to get it out of the way before evening...and as soon as we get home from school pick-ups I fill up the sink with hot soapy water & I'm trying to get the kids in the habit of automatically emptying their lunch containers & throwing them in the sink...some days I'll get lucky & my 6 or 4 year old will volunteer to wash them just to get to play in the soapy water! Hope you had a Happy Mother's Day & congrats on your newest little one!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Melanie! Hope you had a Happy Mother's Day as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. While all of these would be great around here, my biggest wish is for a personal laundress (wash, dry, fold, put away)... If I didn't have to do all the laundry, I would be a much happier mom!

    ReplyDelete