Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Time ...

Where does it go?

I was up at 6 a.m. this morning. Well, actually I was up from 1:40 - 2:50 a.m., but I know that doesn't count.

Anyhow, back to 6 a.m. I was up 3 hours in advance of when I needed to leave for preschool drop off. How in the world could I possibly be late when I had so much time to prepare?

Somehow I always find myself fumbling in the last few minutes of countdown to leaving. I always say it's so tough to get out of the house, but it's me who makes it tough. Now granted, in those 3 hours I pumped twice, changed a 2-year-old and the baby, fed the baby, cleaned the table, got my first grader off on the bus, put the finishing touches on two lunches, ate, changed, packed backpacks, wrote a product review and (sigh) who knows what else.

As I am leaving the house - late, mind you, I had missed carpool because I was a few minutes late - I had to run back 3 times to grab things. Then I get to the end of my driveway and think that I forgot my phone.  I run back inside (number 4) to get it only to find out it was in my purse.

Now it's 9:15 and I'm wondering again ... where in the world does time go?!  I need to go back to bed!

2 comments:

  1. I don't know...I have been wondering that myself.
    Congratulations on your new blog. Look forward to following you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just laughing about this very same daily incident last night with a fellow mom. It's the 9:00 preschool drop off - it gets me every time! Kindergartener off to the bus at 6:45, I can deal with. Picking up preschooler at 1:00, I can deal with. 2:00 bus stop pick up, fine! But that 9 am drop off, after already being up for 3 hours, is so hard! I think we try to cram SO much into those few precious morning hours before the day "officially starts" & it kills me, every time! While there are certain aspects of summer vacation I am not excited about, I am absolutely thrilled to not have any schedules to adhere to!

    ReplyDelete